One of the most important features of the PAX vaporizer is that it heats, never burns cannabis flower and concentrates. This is made possible by our patented temperature control. In this article, we'll outline the importance of temperature, how it's controlled on your PAX vaporizer, and how you can select the best temperature setting.
The importance of temperature while vaping
Temperature is crucial to the vaping experience. The temperature directly impacts the amount of vapor produced. If you want to minimize vapor, stick within the lower range of temperatures. However, if you like the effect of a large vapor cloud, go ahead and turn up the heat.
Lower temperatures help preserve your materials, ensure that the vapor is rich and flavorful, and support a more discreet experience by decreasing the smell and generating small vapor clouds. Additionally, low temperatures can improve the taste and aroma of your cannabis.
Higher temperatures support large vapor clouds and typically result in bitterness. Choose the temperature that best supports the experience you want to have.
What are the PAX 2 & PAX 3 temperature settings?
PAX 2 & PAX 3 support a temperature range from 360°F from 420°F. You can access four temperature presets by pushing down on the mouthpiece. The four-petal LED indicator will change color depending on the selected preset.
- One Green Petal (360°F): The lowest of the four presets.
- Two Yellow Petals (380°F): The medium temperature setting.
- Three Orange Petals (400°F): The medium-high temp preset.
- Four Red Petals (420°F): The highest temperature setting.
What is the PAX MINI temperature settings?
The PAX MINI only has one temperature setting, which is optimized for the consumption of cannabis flower. The device heats up in 22 seconds and operate in a range between 380°F - 420°F to ensure a smooth and consistent session.
What are the PAX PLUS temperature settings?
PAX PLUS supports a temperature range from 360°F from 420°F via it's four Experience Modes. Each Experience is designed to provide a different experience, and is accessed by pressing down on the mouthpiece.
- Stealth Mode (360°F base temp): Minimizes visible vapor, dims LEDs & vibration settings for ultimate discretion. The LED's will all be blue in this setting.
- Efficiency Mode (380°F base temp): Optimizes vapor production and conserves flower for a session. The LED's will all be green in this setting.
- Flavor Mode (400°F base temp): Highlights the subtleties of your flower’s flavor and aromas. The LED's will all be yellow in this setting.
- Boost Mode (420°F base temp): Provides maximum vapor production and performance, ideal for concentrates. The LED's will all be red in this setting.
What to consider when selecting your temperature
Now that we’ve established the importance of vaping temperature, you can decide which temperature is best for the type of experience you want to have. Keep these factors in mind while finding your sweet spot:
- Material type: Cannabis concentrates will require the highest temperature setting for PAX 3 and PAX PLUS, whereas cannabis flower can be consumed at all temperature settings.
- Flavor: Do you want to taste the finer notes of the cannabis material being vaporized? Consider keeping the temperature in the 360°F range.
- Material preservation: Lower temperatures tend to consume your cannabis material at a lower rate, so consider lower settings.
- Vapor production and vapor quality: Higher temperatures produce larger clouds and more dense vapor, which means more potent hits.
Using the right temperature to your advantage
Fewer settings on your portable vaporizer are more important than temperature. While design and functionality certainly play a huge part in the vaping experience, temperature plays a big role in determining the size of your vapor cloud, and influencing the flavor of the cannabis material inside your vaporizer. As you get to know your PAX 3, we encourage you to experiment with different temperatures to find the one that’s best for you.